13 August 2007

creating a space for kidlet - part 3: drumroll, please! STORAGE!

STORAGE!!!!
We need storage. For kidlet toys and games and books and diapers and dohickeys and thingamobobs, etc. etc. etc. We also need a linen closet and other shelving for odds and ends that take over our life sometimes. So, VOILA! We tore out part of the one (1) wall between the hall and the kidlet room and created two (2) sided shelving/ cabinets.

Can I just say that these shelves are WORTH EVERY BIT OF DRYWALL DUST IT TOOK TO GET THEM THERE.












Yes, my husband is AWESOME. Yes, he built all of this himself. Yes, I am LUCKY. YES.
PS. On the hallway side, we have sliding wood doors that cover the shelving, but they are not yet installed in this photo (notice the track on the ceiling?)

2 comments:

wzgirl said...

Lovely. This is all looking so lovely. Keep up the good work. what busy wee beavers you guys are!

(I wish I could rouse my guy off of the couch)....

walternatives said...

Wow - your husband's handiwork IS awesome! Shelving built into the wall and accessible on both sides, WITH sliding wood doors, no less? I'm mucho impressed!!! Thanks for sharing this.