20 December 2006

blah, blah, blah, blahgity blahg blog

So, the news is now out on the street - we heard from several well meaning friends today asking if we had heard about the new regulations for china adoptions - yes we have. NPR, CNN, The Washington Post, and many others are now reporting the latest new restrictions for applicants for adoption in china. Lots of rumors are floating out there whether these rules will take effect right away, in May of 07, or a combination of both. We are also hearing conflicting indications of whether it will affect us since our application has already been filed - the problem is it hasn't been reviewed yet which leaves us vulnerable to anything at this point. However, I am choosing to believe that it ain't over til the fat lady sings - in this case, until the CCAA officially issues their list of new rules. . . more on this later.

In the meantime, I am frustrated and apparently not very coordinated - someone sent me this link to a "stress relief" game called "SMACK THE PENGUIN". Don't get me wrong, I love penguins, but this is pretty funny. . . check it out.

http://n.ethz.ch/student/mkos/pinguin.swf - click once to launch the penguin, then click again to get the snow monster to swing.

We are heading out Friday for Florida for the holidays - not sure how much or whether we will have internet access - so, we'll talk to you on the other side.

4 comments:

walternatives said...

Hey, I'm up to 292 at penguin swinging. Fun link - thanks!

Anonymous said...

I can't clear 300 on the penguins...I need more practice.

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to wish you a Happy Birthday from Millstadt!

Brian and Teresa

Anonymous said...

I just want to kick all of those papers. People keep asking us. . .