18 March 2007

overdue photo spreeeeeeee

Los Angeles Chinese New Year Parade - February 24, 2007

only in LA . . . [maybe some of you didn't know that the famous "Hollywood" sign actually used to say "Hollywoodland" - it was for a suburban subdivision that was going to be built]


the legendary LA Chinatown bakery we stood in front of for the parade


I think these little girls managed to greet every single dragon in the parade [it is tradition to slip a red envelope into the mouth of the each dragon and touch the top of their heads for good luck].


more revelers in the parade



a great little shop in Chinatown that is owned by relatives of our friends
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Our Chinese New Year Party - February 24, 2007

yes, chinese take-out is our friend . . . check out our new year's couplets and firecrackers!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tour of California - Long Beach Circuit Race - February 25, 2005
[more photos here]

3 comments:

wzgirl said...

GREAT pics! I love the dragon shot!!!

"M2" said...

That is just great, I wish we had something like that here.
Guess I'll have to take her to California

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting those. Being a Cali girl myself, I did recognize some of the places. My mother and I often hit Chinatown for Dim sum on our trips. It makes me mucho happy.

We should meet up!