05 March 2007

lanterns, referrals and lid-versaries, oh my!

OK, so I am a little behind. We had our annual CNY party 24th (also went the the CNY parade downtown). We hung out during the last leg of the Tour of California cycling race in Long Beach on Sunday, the 25th (any cycling fans out there??) And, then I spent most of last week on a business trip. This past weekend was just as busy, so I am trying to catch up. I have lots of photos from our adventures the past two weeks - I'll have to get those up on our site ASAP. In the meantime, we have some other important business to deal with:

1. Today (I think) is the Lantern Festival - celebrated on the 15th day of the first month of the lunar year. Basically, it is a celebration to mark the end of the New Year festivities. Sorry, I meant to do more research on this one, but it sort of fell through the cracks with all the other excitement going on. But, you can click on the link and see the quick "wikipedia" description.

2. REFERRAL DAY - Today the CCAA sent referrals for families logged in through October 24, 2005. Eleven more days completed (since the last referral batch) . . . just sputtering along, but at least we are sputtering.

3. Our 9-month LID-versary is tomorrow. Originally, I had thought I would do a special post for this one, considering its significance in the "biological" child sense. How ironic that time is passing too quickly for me to get my act together enough to complain about it.

So, there you have it - lots of news with little fanfare, but stay tuned as I will be getting all of our photos from the CNY celebrations posted shortly. Also, we have "started" to bring the "kid space" to life - maybe I will get some progress shots out on that, too.

4 comments:

wzgirl said...

Yes...let's see pics of the kidspace!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Early 9!

"M2" said...

"puttering along" is right.
Happy 9!!!

Anonymous said...

Whoo hoo on 9 motnhs. Dont ask, dont tell attitude over here.