21 February 2007

start your engines

[DISCLAIMER: This blog is not and will not be a forum for my specific political views except as a vehicle to encourage you to participate and vote!]

I went to my first presidential (or for that matter, political) campaign rally yesterday. I have always been interested in politics [read: disgusted], but lately, I find myself even more tuned in to the system. I suppose it is a manifestation of "nesting".

I am glad I went. It is one of those experiences I think everyone should have, in some form. So, Barack Obama breezed through LA yesterday, and I was there. Cool.

(My friend took some pics while we were there, but I don't have them yet - this was downloaded from www.latimes.com)

Even more COOL: My friend from work, brought her daughter and grandson (3 yrs. old). He learned how to say "Barack" and just kept chanting it. Today, she mentioned to me that they heard some clips on the radio on the way to work, and he started saying "Barack" - he remembered.

I am one of those "Every Vote Counts" kind of people. And, I want to teach my children this philosphy. I don't care who you are, what you believe in or why, (well, I sorta do, but that is irrelevant here). HOWEVER, I do care and EMPHASIZE that you should take the time to participate in our political system, take the time to decide what you believe in, and TAKE THE TIME to do something about it. So, I encourage you all to "Exercise Your Right" during the next year and a half (and beyond). . . if not for yourself, do it for my KID!

PS. Teach Peace :)
(sorry, couldn't help myself)
UPDATED: FYI, I haven't made my decision yet.

3 comments:

"M2" said...

I became a US citizen 8 months ago and can't wait to vote. My first time ever allowed.

wzgirl said...

Very cool that you got to see Barack. And, I hear you re: "Start Your Engines"...it really feels that way to me.

Speaking of Teach Peace - have you ever used the Second Step Violence Prevention curriculum (are you a teacher)?

Cool stuff.

Linda Dove said...

I am a huge Barack fan. I hope I get to vote for him in Nov 08...