Did you know that the number "8" is considered extremely auspicious in China? So much so, that the Beijing Olympics will begin on August 8, 2008 (08-08-08). Unfortunately, I don't think this number "8" is going to help us that much, but it does mark another month of waiting - we'll just have to see whether than actually means "one month less" waiting or "one month more" waiting.But that is where the magic 8-ball comes in! I have had a magic 8-ball on my desk at work for a long time - comes in handy when I need to lighten the mood . . . or make a very important decision . . . However, this situation calls for something even more powerful.
I just got a very special version of the "magic 8-ball" from my awesome cousin and fellow adopter - a "Smart Cookie" (aka the all-knowing fortune cookie). . . Thank you A!
So, I decided to ask the Smart Cookie this question:
Me: "Will we get a little golden pig?" (2007 is the Year of the Golden Pig - more on that later)
Smart Cookie: "Search soul for reply"
Me: "Ooookaaayyy . . . ???"
Bewildered by Smart Cookie's reply, I decided to go with a simpler question:
Me: "Will we get our referral in 2007?"
Smart Cookie: "Honorable answer is No"
Me: "Hhhhmmmpph! Maybe it's confused? I will just ask again later."
eight is enough
2 comments:
08/08/08 will be the two year anniversary of being DTC. Auspicious my A$%!!
I love my magic 8 ball (I just have the "original" version). I wish all decisions could be made based on them:)
Post a Comment