[FYI, there is a Chinese counterpart similar to Valentine's Day called "Qi Xi" or "The Night of Sevens", but it is celebrated later in the year.]
"Low-Key" has turned into "Long Distance" this Valentine's since C is working this week in Paris [France] while I am working in Park City, Utah.
So, in absence of my husband this Valentine's,I am going to brag on him . . . again.
He just started work on a project in Paris for the tallest skyscraper in France. He was instrumental in the design of this building and this was his first competition "win".

"Ain't it Grand?"
And, just for fun, here is a pic of me on our visit to Paris a little less than a year ago in March of 2006. I love this photo taken in Belleville, one of the more colorful districts of Paris. Significant for me since I grew up in its namesake small town; Belleville, Illinois.

good times!
happy hearts day,
love, j
4 comments:
I'm with you on the no-fuss holidays concept. Hearty congratulations to C on this HUGE accomplishment! Wow - it truly is grand, especially since the dynamic new buidling will be in the visual vicinity of La Defense = stunning!
GOR-GEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!
That really is grand! Completely stunning!
My hubby is also traveling all week (but in Tennessee, not Paris!). Oh well...
Your hubby is extremely talented...I am so impressed over here. Happy Valentine's Day! We don't make a big deal of it either, but I am still sorry you weren't able to be together this year.
I also love the picture of you -- it is so fun!
Post a Comment