17 February 2007

. . . do I look different?

I was forced to switch the blog over to the "NEW and IMPROVED" version of Blogger today when I logged in. I say "forced" because I have heard some horror stories from those who have gone before me. Hopefully, all is intact and we will have no problems. Apparently, there are a lot of cool new features to play with. Since I haven't even mastered the old ones, I am not sure how useful the new features will be to me, but I am going to give them a try.

I am spending the day CLEANING.


1. The housecleaning chores have been neglected as of late due to house guests, work and general busy-ness - AND I hate house cleaning.

2. We are hosting our 2nd Annual Chinese New Year party next weekend for our friends.

3. I am trying to observe some of the longstanding traditions that mark the Chinese New Year holiday preparations.
Preparations for the New Year begin well in advance, marked by
traditions rich in symbolism and superstition. Families clean the house from top
to bottom to sweep out bad luck at the start of the holiday. People buy new
clothes and pay off debts. It’s customary to get a haircut before the holiday,
because the Chinese word for hair is similar to the word for prosperity, and you
don’t want to cut your prosperity as the year is starting.

Chinese New Year (aka Lunar New Year or Spring Festival) is tomorrow, February 18, 2007. Stay tuned for more detailed information about this most important and auspicious holiday in China.





4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year to you!

walternatives said...

You don't look that different - new hair do for the new year? I abhor housecleaning. Glad you have a party as the pay-off.

Red Sand said...

You look great. Happy CNY!

Anonymous said...

Room 7 had a CNY celebration on Friday because one of the kiddos is adopted from China. Very cool. I guess I will have to get my game up so that next year my class may be enlightened to the culture of my newest neice