01 February 2007

referral daze

Sadly, "Referral Day" doesn't hold the same excitement for me as it once did. We are getting a little closer , if only an inch at a time. Although I appreciate our family and friends' genuine interest in our adoption, it is definitely not easy to have to explain the ever increasing wait. Why do I constantly feel compelled to have some kind of "good news" or a "good report" about the adoption at the ready?

Today, the CCAA sent referrals for families that were logged in on the waiting list through October 13*, 2005. So, let's consult the tote board, shall we? - Current wait is stable around 16 months** and we have 236 days of Log-ins to get through before it is our turn (they completed 16 days during this month)

*unconfirmed
**still expected to increase

rumor has it that the CCAA has been known to send out a quick batch of referrals just before they leave on their Lunar New Year holiday break (starting February 18 this year). So, say it with me . . . BRING ON THE REFERRALS!

2 comments:

wzgirl said...

Well, it is a full moon & stranger things have happened. But, really, another batch before Feb. 18th? I'm not gonna bet the ranch on that one...CCAA prove me wrong, please.

"M2" said...

I'll say it with you...
PLEASE give us one more batch!!!