Finally, I think I found a sport I am good at besides walking (well, I guess walking isn't really a sport).Yesterday, we went to the rock climbing center, Rockreation, with my sister-in-law and her fiance. I was not feeling particularly excited about the adventure, but decided to give it a try. As it turns out, I happen to be quite a natural at it - Go figure. It was fun to try to navigate your way to the top of a maze of man-made crevices and outcroppings. If you do things correctly, you should be following the color coding on the outcroppings, but that was a little above my level at this point. Besides, making it to the top is the fun part. And, there aren't any color coded outcroppings out in the real world, now are there? (By the way, I did not do any of those fancy advanced moves shown at the left. . . photo courtesy of the Rockreation website.)
There were quite a few little kids there and they were just little spitfires clamoring up those walls like there was nothing to it. I seriously think my nieces (at least the little one) would love to try this. Maybe the next time they come out to visit we will have to talk "Uncle Ed" (my sister-in-law's fiance) to take us climbing again. And, how fun would it be to have a kid's birthday party here?
I am not ready to take this new found skill on the road to the real thing yet, but it sure was a fun Saturday afternoon.
1 comment:
Good for you in trying a new sport! Since I'm afraid of heights, I'm even more impressed with your RC abilities. Climb on!
Post a Comment