22 July 2007

shameless plugs










Today, I went down to the LA Convention Center to visit a good friend of mine. She was exhibiting her new fantastic business, Fish Lips Paper Design, at the LA Gift Show. This wrapping paper is brilliant - not only does she have some super cool designs, but the paper, inks, packaging, etc. are all 100% environmentally friendly incorporating 100% post-consumer recycled paper and soy based inks. Believe it or not, there are only a few companies that make "green" wrapping paper, and Fish Lips does it best. (I am not biased or anything). By the way, big news - Fish Lips paper will be showing up at a couple of big name stores near you. . . to be continued.

For my adoption buddies, she even made a Chinese inspired paper design, just for us - check out "Dis-Orient".
_________________________________________________









We also have some other fabulously talented friends that have launched their own organic kid's t-shirt business called Biome 5 - Animal Alphabet Project. I love these t-shirts! I hope they are going to make some for adults very soon. With an animal for every letter, combined with the eccentric color combinations - it is really hard to choose my fave. I love the fact that the kids are constantly looking down at their shirts - reading the words that are printed upside down just for them. You have to check out the website for this one - it is a real treat with sound effects, etc. Made of 100% organic cotton in sweatshop free factories, these T's are fun, fun, fun. They recently got a nod from www.coolmompicks.com - check it out.
Please take a minute to check these new ventures out - I am really excited for my friends and wish them all the best!