I have been meaning to post this information about the wait for all our inquiring family and friends, but as you can see, I haven't been the most consistent blogger. I guess I better work harder at this, since I won't be able to get away with such long absences once the baby is here - grandparents will be chomping at the bit for photos and stories. The good news - I've got time!
For all of my adoption buddies - stop right here - you have heard all about this, no need to rehash.
For the rest of you, we have been getting so many questions from everyone about the wait - how long will it be, what is going on, etc. I decided the easiest way to TRY to explain what we do know is to direct you to the place where we get a lot of information.
www.chinaadopttalk.com is a website/blog that was started by a adoptive mother (now with two children from China). She has built quite a community of prospective and adoptive parents that spans the US and also Internationally. Over time, she has developed relationships with all kinds of different sources as well as acted as a filter for any and everyone's rumors or tidbits of information. She scans, filters and analyzes this information and condenses it into daily reports on the status of China adoption.
It is important to understand that most of her information comes in the form of rumors (some of which are proved correct and viceversa) so you can take or leave what she posts at your own risk. However, I have found that having news (good or bad) makes the wait a bit easier in the sense that it gives me a bit (granted a minute bit) of control over the situation. So, I have tagged a couple of the more interesting and informative posts that she has had in the last month or so. These, in particular, go into quite a bit of detailed analysis of the statistics and probable timelines given the current conditions in China adoption.
BTW - Please do not ask me to interpret all of her spreadsheets! I hope she has some kind of insane software that is doing all that number crunching for her.
an analysis of possible timelines based on LID
speculation on the backlog
information from the CCAA visits - (the China Center for Adoption Affairs regularly makes visits internationally to many of the countries that participate in their adoption program)
analysis of the numbers based on the CCAA visits
So, what's the verdict? Very Helpful - Thanks! or TMI? (Too Much Information)
1 comment:
Dude, you mentioned "the weight" and I was waiting to hear about some sort of exercise program. I have been thinking about posting re: the Baby Weight myself.....
Post a Comment