29 April 2007

"the little bookshop around the corner"

The Los Angeles Times Festival of Books was held this weekend on the UCLA campus. This has become one of our favorite things to do in LA. UCLA is only a couple of miles from our place, so I took advantage of the great weather (I know, always great weather in LA) to walk over and indulge. This festival is probably the largest book festival in the country - an more than likely, the most CROWDED outdoor event I have ever been to. But, all you need is some time, a backpack and some lemonade and you have a really nice afternoon.

I am experimenting with a new feature I found - a photo slideshow thingy. The campus at UCLA is really beautiful and I took some shots around the festival. Hopefully it will work. I ended up coming home with (5) books - all new and all for $27 total. (by the way, mom, I am taking six books from my shelf to the thrift store for someone else to enjoy to make room for the new finds).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That looks like fun. I am going to be in S. Cal in August...